Living Islam

Tuesday, Aug 22nd

Last update:10:52:35 AM GMT

You are here: Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

How and when do Muslims fast?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: How and when do Muslims fast?
How and when do Muslims fast? 7 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
With a few exceptions, believers can fast at any time during the year in order to purify themselves.

Eating, drinking and inhaling things besides air invalidate a fast.

Fast begins from dawn and ends at sunset. Certain sexual acts invalidate one's fast. When the sun sets, the time of fasting for the day ends and one may eat and drink in the normal way until dawn.

Fasting in the month of Ramadan is compulsory to each and every adult and healthy Muslim - male and female. Females are excused from fasting in Ramadan during their menstruation.

Muslims believe that Allah will not accept the fast of a person who indulges in sinful or misguided activity during Ramadan. They also believe that the good deeds one performs during Ramadan are multiplied in their effect on the spiritual state of the one performing them.
thabiet.davids
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Third Quarter Technologies Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Administrator

Go to topPage: 1
Moderators: forum.admin

Salaah Times

Polls

Have you really benefited from Ramadan

Results

Who's Online

We have 58 guests online

Shout Box

Latest Message: 2 years, 2 months ago
  • thabiet.davi : Ramadan Kareem to all Muslim Sisters and Brothers .
  • balaski : «link» dan «link»
  • balaski : «link» - Rental Mobil Jogja «link» «link» «link» «link»
  • balaski : «link»
  • nuha.dramat : O Allah multiply my share in this month on account of its abundant blessings, make easy and smooth my means and ways to reach its mercy and bounties and do not prevent me from getting its good. O He who guides unto the clear truth.

Only registered users are allowed to post