Living Islam

Saturday, Oct 21st

Last update:10:52:35 AM GMT

You are here: Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Does Islam Encourage or Sanction Terrorism?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Does Islam Encourage or Sanction Terrorism?
Does Islam Encourage or Sanction Terrorism? 8 Years ago Karma: 0
"Terrorism" is generally defined as the intentional slaughtering of innocent civilians. The killing of innocent people is explicitly forbidden by the Koran:

"For this reason, We made it a law for the children of Israel that the killing of a person for reasons other than legal retaliation or for stopping corruption in the land is as great a sin as murdering all of mankind (5:32).

There are many traditions recording the Prophet's reaction to military assaults on noncombatants. He doesn't sanction such activity. Once, we are told, Muhammad came across the corpse of a woman who had been slain in battle. He said disapprovingly, "She was not fighting. How did she come to be killed?"

Similarly, we are told that the Prophet forbade the killing of captives or of anyone bound; that he prohibited the killing of monks in monasteries; and that he forbade the killing of the elderly, women and children.

These instructions constitute binding legal edicts upon believers.
thabiet.davids
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Third Quarter Technologies Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Administrator

Go to topPage: 1
Moderators: forum.admin

Salaah Times

Polls

Have you really benefited from Ramadan

Results

Who's Online

We have 67 guests online

Shout Box

Latest Message: 2 years, 4 months ago
  • thabiet.davi : Ramadan Kareem to all Muslim Sisters and Brothers .
  • balaski : «link» dan «link»
  • balaski : «link» - Rental Mobil Jogja «link» «link» «link» «link»
  • balaski : «link»
  • nuha.dramat : O Allah multiply my share in this month on account of its abundant blessings, make easy and smooth my means and ways to reach its mercy and bounties and do not prevent me from getting its good. O He who guides unto the clear truth.

Only registered users are allowed to post